She was a faithful follower of my blog, so while my heart aches today for her dear family, I feel like she would want us to be grateful that she's in Heaven... rocking her precious twins that she and her husband laid to rest barely two months ago.
Bridgett was one of the sweetest people I've ever met and I don't recall ever seeing her without getting a hug. And I never heard her say a harsh word about anyone. She was incredibly loved and thoughtful, and a brave warrior for the Lord. Her faith was a testament of her life and she made me want to be a better person because of it.
When I got married, she made me a cookbook of my Aunt Dot's (her grandmother's) handwritten family recipes. Today, it means even more to me than it did yesterday and I will always hold it close to my heart. I can still hear her softspoken words in my head when I read her inscription.
I can't imagine the heartache her husband, young sons, parents, and sister must be feeling. And there is nothing I can say to ease their pain. Anyone who knew Bridgett has cried tears of sorrow today, but I hope one day soon our tears will be replaced with peace -- knowing that we will see her again one day, even though we are homesick for Heaven right now.
Thankfully, Jesus tells us, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." -John 13:7
We love you, Bridgett. And we miss you already. Save us a seat.




2 comments:
Trish your words are beautiful and I know she is looking down now in awe of the love and support everyone has given. I know its hard to be grateful, but I am grateful that I was blessed to have her as my sister.
And she was grateful to have you as hers. I love you, sweet Mindy Beth...
Post a Comment