Today, I'm grateful for...
a long phone call with one of my bestest friends. It's always hard to have time to talk when we both have kids crawling up our legs while we're trying to fix them lunch, but today we had time to catch up while we multi-tasked at our respective homes. And it's a good thing, because I've missed her terribly!
We both kept stats for the same basketball team in high school and became instant pals. In fact, people thought we were sisters since we resembled each other. And when we both worked at the same store in college, customers constantly got us confused. They would call me by her name, and after a while I just answered to it. (Imagine their confusion when we worked together on the same day.) ;)
She's the one who made me get out of the house when motherhood forced me into being a lonely hermit. And she's the one who arranges playdates so our kids can spend the afternoon playing together.
I love you, Nikki. Thanks for being such a kindred spirit.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Don't forget that my own dad thought you were me--lol! I love you, too...and I'm honored to make the blog : ) I so cherish you my friend!
Oh yes, the incident at the bank! He'll never live that down. ;)
Post a Comment