CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Come along with me on my journey of being grateful every day for a year...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

2/365

Today I am grateful for the kindness of a total stranger...

It was a rough Sunday night. My daughter was up much later than her regular bedtime. I was exhausted, and by the time the alarm went off a short four hours later, I had gotten just enough sleep to give me a headache.

When I picked my daughter up from school - a little early to get her to therapy on time forty minutes away - I was absolutely drained. I merged onto the interstate with tears pouring down my cheeks as my headache returned.

Despite the road construction, we arrived in town twenty minutes early for her appointment. I decided that I had just enough time to run through the drive-thru at Starbuck's down the road. After all, if I planned on making it through the rest of evening, I needed a major caffeine boost.

I pulled up and ordered a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino, and dug through my change as the cashier told me the total. When I pulled up to the window with my handful of quarters, she handed me my drink and spoke the words that made my eyes well up with tears...

"The lady in front of you already paid for your order!"

My jaw dropped as I asked, bewildered, "On purpose?!"

"Yes, ma'am. I assumed she knew you. We get that a lot."

"No, I don't know that car... I'm gonna cry!" And then, to be sure, "Are you sure she paid for mine?!"

"Yes, ma'am, I'm positive! Have a great afternoon!"

"Thank you..." And I took my drink, stuffed my change back into my wallet, and drove away.


Just for the record, it was the most delicious frappaccino I've ever tasted. And I'm not sure why, but I think it had something to do with the random act of kindness from a total stranger in a red Chevy Aveo.

God bless her. Because she certainly blessed me.

1 comment:

stacey woods said...

you just never know how a small kindness can bless someone, do you? such a great reminder.