CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Come along with me on my journey of being grateful every day for a year...

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

100/365

Today, I am grateful for an unexpected surprise.

Before Christmas, I was doing my last-minute grocery shopping when I stumbled upon a little frozen delicacy. My dear hubby loves ice cream, and this two-pack at the end of the aisle caught my eye. At first, I saw the cute packaging with a gold bow. And then I saw that it was on sale. I decided it would be a nice treat just to let him know that I saw it and thought of him.

Well.

When I got home, I realized that the two-pack flavors were vanilla and peppermint. And he's not a fan of peppermint ice cream. So I thought, "Fine. I'll save it in the back of the freezer and if I get a sore throat, I'll dig it out."

Then last night, I was cleaning out my leftovers and spotted the gift box. "Why don't I throw that box away to make more room?" I thought to myself.

And when I tore into the packaging, I gasped out loud...


The Hallelujah Chorus began playing in my head. This whole time, I thought it was just plain peppermint! But peppermint bark?! This was too good to be true!

Upon further examination of the ingredients, I discovered that what I assumed was vanilla ice cream was white chocolate ice cream with tiny bits of candy canes and chocolate bark sprinkled throughout!

Two spoons straight from the carton was all I could handle.

Okay, fine. Seven.

But then I immediately hid it in the back of the freezer behind some broccoli florets. I'm hoping I'll forget about it come morning. And if I don't, I'm gonna pack it in dry ice and mail it to my sister. Something this delicious doesn't deserve to end up in the trash.

2 comments:

Erin Lynne said...

By "your sister" please mean me... Please mean me... Please mean me...

Trish said...

Erin, it's all yours! That's one of the many reasons I love you! :)