Everything is written in here: from the day I found out I was pregnant, to the day my ultrasound confirmed that we were having a girl. The day Macy was born, the day she came home from the NICU, the day she had stomach surgery, cardiology appointments every month, and the first time she had cereal. When she giggled at her Papaw on Thanksgiving Day, when she wore her first pigtails, and when she shivered after eating a bite of pureed green beans. When she discovered her toes, rolled over, and pooped in the bathtub. When she had open-heart surgery, ate Daddy's homemade ice cream, and turned one year old. When she learned to say "Mama" and I cried, learned to "army crawl" and I cried, and learned to sit up - and I cried. When she had eye surgery, when she pressed a button on a toy for the first time to make it sing, and when she got her toenails painted at the beauty shop. When she sat on Santa's lap and burst into tears, when she ate a Kleenex, and learned to crawl on all fours. When she fed herself with a spoon for the first time, went to her first Sunday School class where she fed herself Cheerios, and learned how to open my kitchen cabinets. When she got in her Daddy's lunchbox and ate his Reese cups, stuck her tongue out at herself in the mirror, and got stung by a honey bee. When she slept all night without a paci, took her very first steps (and I cried!), and when she took her very first recreational plane ride (with the exception of the four medical flights she'd previously had, which were not fun!).
I'm sure I had intentions of writing all this down in her baby book, but I think I'll keep it just the way it is. After all, one of these days, she may be interested to know how many doctor visits she had in any given week...



No comments:
Post a Comment