CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Come along with me on my journey of being grateful every day for a year...

Sunday, October 3, 2010

13/365

Today, I am grateful for school-bred traditions.

There was nothing like going to a football game back when I was in high school. Fall was literally in the air, along with the thunderous ringing of cowbells. Halftime meant one thing to me: a visit to the concession stand to relieve my teeth from their chattering. And there, the most wonderful indulgence was available... the Bag-O-Chili.

My chapped hands awaited the warmth of a single-serve bag of Fritos that was smothered with a heaping ladle of chili, cheese, and sour cream. (Banana peppers, also, if you preferred.) It was singlehandedly the next best thing to a victory on the field.

To this very day, I can't eat a bowl of chili without adding Fritos, shredded cheese, and a dollop of sour cream on top.


So, to all the moms and dads who ever ran the concession stand in the late 90's... thank you for introducing me to what has become a tradition in my home every single Fall. I don't know how I ever managed to eat chili any other way.

No comments: