I have fond memories of sitting at this desk when I was a kid... from doing homework after school, to watching Saved By The Bell with my sisters on Saturday mornings while the smell of bacon filled the house.
Many of our school books have been stored under the seat, boys' names have been written and scratched out, and I'm certain this desk was used during the many times we played "librarian" with my Momaw's book collection.
I've always loved this desk. Now I love that my daughter gets to enjoy it as much as I did - whether she's coloring, watching a movie, or just pretending with her Mickey and Minnie.
One day I will tell her all about the history of this desk. And pray that she doesn't ever write a boy's name on it so I don't have to give him a whoopin'.

No comments:
Post a Comment