CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Come along with me on my journey of being grateful every day for a year...

Sunday, October 24, 2010

34/365

Today, I am grateful for...


this pie safe that sits in my dining room.

It used to belong to Chad's grandmother, Nadine, and was given to us when she passed away. I think of her every single time I see it and it makes me smile to know that a part of her is still here with us.

She was a wonderful woman and I loved her dearly. She welcomed me into this family before I was even an official member and I'll never forget her kindness to me. She taught me how to fry chicken livers and make her famous baked spaghetti, even though mine still never tastes quite like hers. 

Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. And even though she isn't with us physically, she is forever in our hearts.

Nadine, Macy & Me ~ Halloween '08
The last picture I have of the three of us.

No comments: