CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Come along with me on my journey of being grateful every day for a year...

Monday, February 7, 2011

140/365

Today, I ran across some sermon notes in my Bible from a few weeks ago. It was from the series "The Me I Want To Be" based on this book. I had written down what our pastor said was going to be our new church motto...


"No Perfect People Allowed"

Under that, I had noted the following verses:

Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory. -Romans 15:7

When Jesus heard this, he told them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor -- sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners." -Mark 2:17

The problem in today's world is that people are afraid they won't be accepted. And exactly the opposite is true. There is no better place to be accepted than in a church full of imperfect people. So today, I am grateful for the words of truth spoken by our pastor and how his sermons are changing my life... one week at a time.

No comments: