Today, I'm grateful for the company of an old friend.
I met her in 1994 when I started a new school. I wasn't used to being "the new kid" and had a very hard time adjusting to it. But on my first day, I met a quiet girl named Jessica and we became instant pals.
When I moved back to my old school the following year, I missed her terribly. Time had a way of keeping us apart until the world of Facebook came along. Last year, she showed up on my doorstep and I hugged her over and over while tears poured down my cheeks. I hadn't seen her in over ten years...
She came back to my house yesterday and spent the night. A part of me felt like I was twelve years old again. We talked and laughed and cried just like we used to, and when today came I hated to see her go back home.
I believe God has a way of bringing people into your life when you need them the most. She was there for me when I was a shy girl in a new world. And now I am blessed to be there for her when she is facing something new in her own life.
Thanks for being my buddy, Jess. I love you.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment