CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Come along with me on my journey of being grateful every day for a year...

Monday, February 14, 2011

147/365 ~ Valentine's Day Edition

Today is Valentine's Day. The holiday that I'm convinced was invented by florists, candy companies, and Hallmark. It's entirely overrated, I'll admit, that on this one day we need to love and appreciate our significant other. But the truth is... we should be doing that every day. And today, I thought I'd share something I wrote a few years ago for my Valentine. And here are some wonderful reasons why I am grateful for him...

*He has a hot bubble bath ready on more than one occasion when you get home from working a 10-hour shift when you're pregnant.
*He buys you a puppy on the first Mother's Day after you've had a miscarriage because he knows the day will be hard for you.
*He calls you sexy when your hair is dirty in pigtails and you haven't had a bath all day. (All while you're covered in spit-up.)
*He buys you what you want at the grocery store without you having to ask for it.
*He holds you and lets you get mascara on him while you cry yourself to sleep.
*He paints your toenails for you when you are so pregnant you can't reach your feet.
*He opens the door for you.
*He gives you the umbrella in the rain.
*He does the dishes without you having to ask.
*He stays by your side at the hospital when you've had your gallbladder taken out on the day of the Final Four tournament.
*He gives you the better vehicle to drive.
*He works every day in the hot summer sun and cold winter snow so you can be a stay-at-home mom.
*He tells you he can't imagine being married to anyone else or to be the mother of his child.
*He loves you for who you are.


Happy Valentine's Day to my beloved. I can't imagine my life without you in it.

1 comment:

Erin Lynne said...

If you would've posted this yesterday, I might've puked reading it. As it stands now though, I actually teared up a little bit.