Miracle-Gro.
Alright, it goes without saying that my thumb isn't green. I am embarrassed to admit that I've killed a cactus before. And in my newlywed days, I excitedly overwatered several pots of mums that lead to their untimely death. And some drywall dust may have pushed my baby orange tree over the edge.
However.
Last spring, my Popaw trusted me with this Wandering Jew. It is a piece that was originally sent to him and my Momaw at her dad's funeral. He and I never met, but I have vivid memories of that plant adorning my grandparents' living room when I was growing up.
As it turns out, he and my Momaw have continually grown that single plant into larger flower pots. It has spread and been divided into new planters that would be given out to our family.
Sadly this summer, I left my planter on the front porch. In the scorching sun. Many times I forgot to water it, and the heat became too much to bear. I thought it was over. That I would be doomed to a life of silk flowers. That was until I brought my beloved plant indoors and nursed her back to health.
I regret taking "before" photos, but since she wasn't looking her best, I didn't want to be rude. Now she's ready for her close up. And my, how she's blossomed.
Bring it on, horticulture. Bring it on.



No comments:
Post a Comment