CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Come along with me on my journey of being grateful every day for a year...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

114/365

Tonight, I'm grateful for...


this glider in Macy's bedroom. 

When Chad's Papaw Junior learned that I was pregnant with her, he smiled with outstretched arms and gave me one of his infamously tight hugs while whispering in my ear, "Now I have a rocking chair that I want you to have..."

It wasn't until Macy was a few months old and Papaw Junior went to Heaven, that I remembered his offer and graciously brought it to our home.

This chair is where I would cradle her tiny body in my arms and sing lullabies while tears of joy ran down my cheeks. It's where her ringlet curls would wrap around my fingers while she breathed softly onto my chest and fell asleep. It's where we still sit and read bedtime stories each and every night. And where I kiss her sweet little forehead while her legs dangle off my lap when she's sick.

Papaw Junior is buried on the hill in the cemetery beside our house, and I often smile to myself while I'm snuggling with Macy at bedtime... thinking how proud he would be of her. How happy it would make him that his old chair is still being used every single night. And knowing that I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world.

Macy smiling at Papaw Junior and Granny Dean  
~Thanksgiving 2006~

No comments: