ten minutes of quietness with a cozy view.
Sometimes (I mean, when I get the chance, which is rarely!) it does wonders for me just to go off by myself (while the hubs is watching our child) and take a deep breath. To go as far away from the commotion of the day, away from the blaring TV, where no phone is ringing, no dog is whining at my feet, no child is squealing and climbing my legs, no car is driving fast down the street with no muffler, and no phone is beeping with a text message. To go into the quietest room in our house, turn on the fireplace, curl up on the bed with a blanket, listen to the hum of the fan, and close my eyes.
It was a glorious ten minutes this evening, and I contemplated hiding out in there until bedtime. Or at least until my headache eased up a bit. Sadly, the only sound I couldn't escape from was the washing machine. And its loud beep reminded me to put the clothes in the dryer before they soured.
I guess it's true... all good things must come to an end.


No comments:
Post a Comment