Today, I'm grateful for this book...
that my friend Tammy let me borrow.
The author has a painful past and is challenged to come up with One Thousand Gifts that God has given her. Everything from pantyhose without runs, to new toothbrushes, to the pinky skin of newborn pigs makes her list. Before long, she sees her life full of blessings instead of despair.
And it made me realize how many simple things I take for granted myself.
I could easily list the things that make me truly give thanks. Hot coffee on a cold morning, the snooze button on the alarm clock, the sound of crickets chirping on a summer evening, the smell of fresh cut grass...
So today I challenge you to be grateful. You don't have to make a public blog. Maybe just a journal of things you are grateful for. A list that you keep adding to every day or every week. Be grateful for the smell of a new candle, a full tank of gas, a new box of tissues since it's cold season, the moonlight coming through your window.
In today's world there is so much hatred and violence, so much heartache and confusion. Look around and notice the small things. Be grateful for them and see if it doesn't make a difference in your outlook on life.
It's your turn. ;)
Friday, March 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment