Today, I'm grateful for my hot glue gun. And Hobby Lobby.
Here's why.
I bought some single-stemmed flowers for 50% off a couple weeks ago, for the sole purpose of making hair accessories. And tonight, I made 'em. So I'm gonna show you how easy it is to do.
Take your flower of choice and pull the stem off.
Grab a barrette about the same size as your flower.
Cut a piece of felt the same size as your barrette. Just eyeball it, it's gonna be covered up anyway. But try to pick a shade around the same color scheme. It's just gonna cover that unsightly barrette, but we don't want it to clash.
Glue the felt to the barrette.
And put a nice strip of glue on the felt.
Now quickly, before the glue has a chance to dry, stick that flower on! And press down on the bottom petals to make sure all the glue is covered.
Tada!!!!
I have every bit of $2 invested in this little thing! Isn't it cute?! Who wouldn't love this?!
You can also hot glue a ponytail holder to the back instead of a clip. Or a pin to wear as a brooch. Heck, as cheap as it is, you can make one of each! Easy peasy!
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Felt! Duh! ::smacks forehead:: I tried to fo this a while back just by gluing the flowers on the barrette. Didn't work.
Post a Comment