CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Come along with me on my journey of being grateful every day for a year...

Monday, March 28, 2011

189/365

As I sit here on my bed with mascara matted to my eyelashes, streaks of tears down my face, and wadded up Kleenex all around me, I admit I'm having a hard time being grateful today.

As my childhood friend passed away this evening, I'm being selfish by wanting her here. My heart still sees the little girl in Kindergarten who asked our teacher the phone number to Heaven so she could call her dad. My heart still sees the girl who always made me laugh with her blunt sense of humor. My heart still sees her gorgeous deep brown eyes that I always admired and yet she despised. My heart still sees how she put her dog in the pool with us this summer. And my heart already misses her so terribly.


So while I search for my favorite picture of us holding hands at our Kindergarten graduation with her cute little dimples, hot pink dress, and tiny graduation cap, I have to be thankful that she is in the arms of Jesus tonight. And while I'm having a hard time imagining this world without her in it, I am looking forward to the day when I can see her brown eyes again.

I love you, Laura Suzanne. You were one of my very first friends and I'll never forget you as long as I live.



1 comment:

Carey said...

This made me cry for the third time today since learning of her passing. She was such a sweet girl. I remember sunday school and bible school with her at Oak Grove and the field trips with MADD/SADD. SHe is now in Gods arms with her mom and dad.